Release Notes for BETA Version 4.5.3-Oct04
From Protocase Designer Documentation
Revision as of 19:30, 18 September 2019 by Mrodden
New Features and Enhancements
- The 3D View window now includes tools for both measuring in 3D (even across multiple faces) and for annotating the model with 3D dimensions. (Click the heading for details.)
- Wireframe View
- You can view the 3D model in wireframe view instead of as a solid model. To toggle wireframe view on and off, choose View WireFrame from the View menu, or use the keyboard shortcut <Ctrl>-W. Known Limitation: You cannot use the Measure3D or Dimension mode in wireframe view.
- Java Runtime Environment
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) has been updated from version 6 to version 8. This will be of particular interest to Mac users, since now the JRE will be bundled.
- Automated Work Instructions
- Behind the scenes, the Protocase Designer integration with Protocase's back office and shop floor has been further developed and streamlined. While users will not see these enhancements in Protocase Designer, the changes are fundamental to Protocase, Inc.'s continuous improvement in quality, turnaround, and price.